I love a good oatmeal muffin, I can’t eat oatmeal as a meal, just the texture of sloppy oatmeal is something I have never been able to get over lol 😉 but put that stuff in a muffin and I am all over it!! Muffins are a great grab and go breakfast or afternoon pick me up snack and these banana walnut oatmeal muffins are delicious!! The little drizzle of honey on top leaves a satisfying sweetness in your mouth after every bite.. I have a fellow weight watcher friend that just happened to stop by on baking day and she gave them two thumbs up (thanks Victoria). These tasty muffins are just 3 smart points each..
Banana walnut oatmeal muffins
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp egg whites
- 2 medium mashed banana's
- 1/2 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular 12 hole muffin tin with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg, egg whites, and 3 Tbsp of brown sugar (leave 1 Tbsp aside)
- Stir in your mashed banana's, milk and vanilla.
- Mix in your oats, cinnamon, baking powder and 3 Tbsp of chopped walnuts (leave 1 Tbsp aside)
- Divide batter into your 12 muffin cups. In a small bowl mix together your remaining Tbsp of brown sugar and chopped walnuts, sprinkle on top of muffins before baking. Place your honey in a small ziplock bag and cut a tiny hole, drizzle over your 12 muffins.
- Bake in oven for approx 22 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins at 2-3PP each depending on your 0PP foods, 3 smart points each for blue & green, 2SP on purple (2 points plus)
- Nutritional info per muffin (incl banana's) Calories 98...Fat 2.4g...Sat fat 0.4g...Carbs 17.2g...Fiber 1.9g...Sugars 6.1g...Protein 2.9g
- *SP was determined using the WW freestyle recipe builder