I love muffins, and especially ones packed with flavor that make a great easy grab and go breakfast. That is exactly what these delicious PB & chocolate banana oatmeal muffins are! When I took that first bite into one of these out of the oven it was love at first site… or bite 😉 I promise you will love them just as much, I mean it’s peanut butter and chocolate.. what’s not to love? Go ahead and enjoy a few cause these tasty baked up treats are only 3 smart points each!
Peanut butter chocolate banana oatmeal muffins
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 0% plain greek yogurt or regular I use Skyr yogurt a PC product here in Canada
- 2 medium mashed bananas
- 3 Tbsp light peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups oats I use Quaker quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular size 12 hole muffin tin.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer beat your egg, egg whites and brown sugar together. Add in yogurt, banana, peanut butter and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in oats, baking powder and soda, mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Fill 12 muffin cups, bake in oven for 22-24 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins at 3 smart points each on blue & green, 2SP on purple (3 points plus)
- Best stored in fridge, muffins will freeze well, Please note PB2 can probably be substituted although I never use it, I imagine it would lower points, and it should be used in wet form.
- Nutritional info per muffin (not incl bananas) Calories 103...Fat 3.9g...Sat fat 1.2g...Carbs 14g...Fiber 1.8g...Sugar 3.4g...Protein 3.8g