Happy September!! Or should I say Happy pumpkin month!! It’s that time folks, we walk into the grocery store and all of a sudden every food product out there has turned into pumpkin flavor, am I right or am I right 😉 I was not a big pumpkin fan before I started this blog, or at least I didn’t think I was, I just assumed I didn’t like it.. but when I started baking with it and seeing how low point I could make pumpkin creations I realized, hey I actually like this flavor 🙂 My 2 freestyle smart point greek yogurt muffins have become pretty popular because hey who doesn’t love a 2 point regular-sized muffin! These pumpkin banana ones are my latest creation and I thought pumpkin month was the perfect time to post them 🙂 I hope you enjoy them!
- Greek yogurt
- Egg/egg whites
- Pumpkin *canned
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- All spice
- Vanilla extract
Pumpkin banana greek yogurt muffins
- 1/3 cup greek 0% yogurt plain, vanilla or pumpkin flavor will work
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white I use liquid egg whites
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 medium mashed banana
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a reg sized muffin tin with non stick spray.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer beat together your egg, egg white and brown sugar for 2 minutes. Add in yogurt, pumpkin, mashed banana and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in your flour, baking soda, powder and all spice.
- Fill 10 muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes.
- Makes 10 muffins at 2 personal points or 2 smart points each on all 3 MyWW programs (2 points plus) best stored in a sealed container in the fridge.
- *Note, due to pumpkin and banana these are a denser muffin, texture might not be for everybody but they do result in a yummy muffin 🙂 Also my WW leader made them and told me she mixed 1T brown sugar with a little cinnamon and sprinkled on top of muffins before baking, it added a little sweetness for no extra points if you want to sweeten them up slightly.
- Nutritional info per muffin (not incl banana & pumpkin) Calories.. 69... Fat 0.6g... Saturated fat 0.2g... Carbs 12.3g...Fiber 0.3g... Sugar 2.7g...Protein 2.3g
Tips and suggestions…
This recipe calls for 1 egg and 1 egg white, you can use 2 eggs if you prefer. A brown sugar substitute can be used if that is what you typically bake with.
I sometimes get asked about substituting the all-purpose flour with almond flour, I have only used almond flour a handful of times so I am not too experienced with it, I do think it bakes differently than regular white flour, all I can suggest is to give it a try and see.
If you don’t like bananas or don’t have any you could try using apple sauce instead.
Feel free to add in some chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips, just be sure to build the recipe in your WW App if you are following the program to get the accurate point count.
These muffins freeze well, I let them dethaw for a few hours and then I love cutting them in half and popping them in the toaster over for a few minutes, they come out fresh and delicious.