Happy September!! Or should I say Happy pumpkin month!! It’s that time folks, we walk into the grocery store and all of a sudden every food product out there has turned into pumpkin flavor, am I right or am I right 😉 I was not a big pumpkin fan before I started this blog, or at least I did’nt think I was, I just assumed I did’nt like it.. but when I started baking with it and seeing how low point I could make pumpkin creations I realized, hey I actually like this flavor 🙂 My 2 freestyle smart point greek yogurt muffins have become pretty popular because hey who does’nt love a 2 point regular sized muffin! These pumpkin banana ones are my latest creation and I thought pumpkin month was the perfect time to post them 🙂 I hope you enjoy them!
Pumpkin banana greek yogurt muffins
- 1/3 cup greek 0% yogurt (plain, vanilla or pumpkin flavor will work)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white (I use liquid egg whites)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 medium mashed banana
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a reg sized muffin tin with non stick spray.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer beat together your egg, egg white and brown sugar for 2 minutes. Add in yogurt, pumpkin, mashed banana and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in your flour, baking soda, powder and all spice.
- Fill 10 muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes.
- Makes 10 muffins at 2 smart points each on all 3 MyWW programs (2 points plus) best stored in sealed container in fridge.
- *Note, due to pumpkin and banana these are a denser muffin, texture might not be for everybody but they do result in a yummy muffin 🙂 Also my WW leader made them and told me she mixed 1T brown sugar with a little cinnamon and sprinkled on top of muffins before baking, it added a little sweetness for no extra points if you want to sweeten them up slightly.
- Nutritional info per muffin (not incl banana & pumpkin) Calories.. 69... Fat 0.6g... Saturated fat 0.2g... Carbs 12.3g...Fiber 0.3g... Sugar 2.7g...Protein 2.3g