Happy New Year friends! I can’t wait to see all the recipes I create this year, I try to mix things up as often as I can to bring you new baked good recipes as well as family meals. Baking is my favorite thing to do so for my first recipe of 2018 I went with a decadent fresh baked loaf because there is just nothing quite like it, I love the smell of the house while it’s baking and enjoy a fresh slice with a cup of tea. I had banana’s that needed to be used up, and I was craving chocolate (I mean let’s face it, when am I not craving chocolate!) so in the oven went this double chocolate banana bread and oh my was it delicious…like chocolate cake, yes ok.. banana flavored chocolate cake.. I think you will love this one and it’s just 4 smart points per serving.. Bake one up today!
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 medium ripe banana's, mashed (about 1.5 cups)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular size loaf pan with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk your egg and brown sugar together. Mix in your mashed banana, apple sauce and vanilla.
- Stir in your flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Leave a few chocolate chips aside (for topping) and fold in your chocolate chips
- Pour batter into your loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining chips, bake in oven for approx 50 minutes.
- Let cool then cut into 10 equal servings, loaf will freeze well, best stored in fridge.
- *Nutritional info includes banana & apple sauce, SP &PP were determined before adding these ingredients.
Smart points- 4 using SP calculator
Points plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info- Calories.. 144...Fat 2.9g...Sat fat 1.5g...Carbs 28.5g...Fiber 2.9g..Sugars 13.8g...Protein 2.9g using My Fitness Pal