I love creating new muffin and loaf recipes… but I always fear when it comes to figuring out points. I want it to be point friendly and not have people feel like they can’t work it into their day… so how excited was I to figure out these tasty strawberry banana greek yogurt muffins came in at only 2 smart points each?? I’ll tell ya, I was ecstatic!! 🙂 They are full size muffins bursting with flavor… they were so good I ate two..right out of the oven!
Strawberry banana greek yogurt muffins
- 150 g container 0% greek yogurt plain, vanilla or berry works
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white I use liquid egg whites
- 1 large banana mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour I use all purpose
- 1 cup fresh strawberries cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a bowl beat together your egg, egg white and brown sugar. Add in yogurt, mashed banana and vanilla and continue beating for 1 minute.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder and soda. Gently fold in your diced strawberries.
- Divide into 10 muffin cups and bake in oven for approx 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, makes 10 muffins at 2sp on all 3 MyWW programs or 2pp each. Muffins are dense in texture and not "fluffy" type muffins due to ingredinets used.
- Nutritional info per muffin (not incl strawberries) Calories 71..Fat 0.6g..Saturated fat 0.2g...Carbs 12.6g...Fiber 0.3g...Sugars 3.1g..Protein 3.7g
- *Note, according to my WW recipe builder these are still 2 points each, the flour is 13SP and the brown sugar is 4SP, this is if you use plain non fat yogurt, the recipe makes 10 muffins, so each one is still 2 SP