I love creating new muffin and loaf recipes… but I always fear when it comes to figuring out points. I want it to be point friendly and not have people feel like they can’t work it into their day… so how excited was I to figure out these tasty strawberry banana greek yogurt muffins came in at only 2 smart points each?? I’ll tell ya, I was ecstatic!! 🙂 They are full size muffins bursting with flavor… they were so good I ate two..right out of the oven!
Strawberry banana greek yogurt muffins
- 150 g container 0% greek yogurt plain, vanilla or berry works
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white I use liquid egg whites
- 1 large banana mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour I use all purpose
- 1 cup fresh strawberries cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a bowl beat together your egg, egg white and brown sugar. Add in yogurt, mashed banana and vanilla and continue beating for 1 minute.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder and soda. Gently fold in your diced strawberries.
- Divide into 10 muffin cups and bake in oven for approx 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, makes 10 muffins at 2 personal points each. Muffins are dense in texture and not "fluffy" type muffins due to ingredients used.
- Nutritional info per muffin (not incl strawberries) Calories 71..Fat 0.6g..Saturated fat 0.2g...Carbs 12.6g...Fiber 0.3g...Sugars 3.1g..Protein 3.7g