I’m excited fall is on the way and I can spend some time playing around in the kitchen and creating new casseroles. This layered taco bubble up is simply put…delicious!! 🙂 Makes 6 generous servings at 7 smart points or 6 points plus each. I am sure it can become a new family favorite.
Taco fiesta bubble up casserole
- 1 lb cooked extra lean ground beef
- 1 7.5 oz package pillsbury biscuits (10 biscuits to the pack, the ones In the 4 value pack, if you can't find that size you can buy the bigger size and weigh it out)
- Taco seasoning I buy a store bought 30g pack
- 1 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 cup diced peppers I used red, orange and yellow
- 1 cup diced onion I used red onion
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese I use a 3 cheese blend
- Green onion
- Fat free sour cream for topping optional
- Cook your ground beef in a pan on the stove, add your taco seasoning and simmer for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Mix your ground beef and salsa together in a bowl.
- Cut up peppers & onion, and cut your biscuits into 6 pieces each.
- Place half of your biscuit pieces in the bottom of your casserole dish, top with half of your meat mixture, half of your peppers and onions and half of your cheese. Repeat layers and finish with your chopped green onion on top.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake in oven for 35 minutes, remove foil and continue baking for 15 minutes.Let cool for 5 minutes then cut into 6 servings. 7sp or 6pp per serving. Top with a spoon of fat free sour cream (optional)
- Nutritional info, not including veggies, per serving.. Calories 254... Fat 7.2g... Saturated fat 3g... Carbs 21.2g... Fiber 1.5g... Sugars 3.5g... Protein 25.1g..