I was inspired by my pumpkin banana greek yogurt muffins that seem to be a big hit to create another equally delicious low point pumpkin muffin, and these cream cheese ones do not disappoint! I think I like them even more 😉 I actually shared these at my weekly weight watchers meeting and they were a hit.. The cream cheese swirl topping is so yummy and at only 3 freestyle smart points they make a great snack, dessert or breakfast.
Pumpkin spice cream cheese muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- For the cream cheese topping
- 4 oz light cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg white I use liquid egg whites
- 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a 12 hole regular sized muffin tin with non stick spray.
- In a small bowl beat together your cream cheese, 1T white sugar, egg white, milk and vanilla for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat together your egg and brown sugar, add in your pumpkin and apple sauce. Mix well then stir in your flour, baking soda and powder and pumpkin spice.
- Pour into your 12 muffin cups. Top each with about 1 Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture. Use a toothpick and swirl in the cream cheese into the muffin batter.
- Bake for approx 18-20 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins at 3 freestyle smart points each on blue green & purple (2PP) Best stored in sealed container then after day 1 moved to the fridge.
- Nutritional info per muffin (not incl pumpkin) Calories 88...Fat 1.9g...Sat fat 1.2g.. Carbs 14.3g...Fiber 0.3g..Sugars 6.3g..Protein 2.7g