I was in a muffin baking kinda mood and I realized I didn’t have just a simple oatmeal chocolate chip banana muffin. I was also in chocolate kinda mood haha and I wanted these muffins to be filled with chocolate chips, not have fewer chips than I can count on one hand 😉 These oatmeal chocolate banana muffins are delicious, big and fluffy and filled with lots of delicious chocolate with every bite! Makes 12 muffins at just 4 smart points each on WW freestyle.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 small-medium bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 cup oats (quick oats is fine)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a 12 hole regular muffin tin with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs and brown sugar together. Add in apple sauce, mashed banana, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in flour, oats and baking powder, fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly over your 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, makes 12 muffins at 4SP each, muffins will freeze well, store in a sealed container and best in the fridge after day 1.
- *Note- you can leave the chocolate chips out if you'd prefer and they will be 3SP each
Smart Points- 4 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per muffin.. Calories 160... Fat 3.3g... Sat Fat 1.7g...Carbs 28.5g.. Fiber 2g... Sugar 10.4g...Protein 4.2g using My Fitness Pal *Note includes all ingredients, old SP/PP were determined before entering the fruit