Peppermint hot chocolate on a cold snowy day, yes please!! What says cozy more than that..so I created mini muffins to go along with that hot chocolate and they are so yummy.. The white chocolate drizzle adds a nice sweet finish to them, and here’s a bonus, no added sugar to this recipe 🙂 Only 30 calories and 1 smart point each. Bake these up this holiday season and you won’t be disappointed!
Peppermint hot chocolate mini muffins
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup 0% plain yogurt greek or reg
- 1/3 cup milk I used 1%
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 packs Swiss light hot chocolate 1/4 cup.. (bought in U.S, in Canada some brands make a light hot chocolate so you can use that)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp white chocolate chips
- Crushed candy cane for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a mini muffin pan with non stick spray, do not use liners.
- In a bowl whisk your egg and egg whites together, add in apple sauce, yogurt, milk and peppermint.
- Stir in your hot chocolate, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and powder.
- Mix well and pour into your mini muffin pan.
- Bake in oven for approx 16 minutes.
- While muffins are cooling place your 2 Tbsp white chocolate chips in a small zip lock bag, place in microwave for 35 seconds, turn bag over then heat again another 35 seconds, repeat if not melted yet. Cut of a tiny tip and drizzle onto muffins, sprinkle with crushed candy cane bits.
- *Note, don't drizzle with chocolate til you are ready to serve, best stored in fridge after day 1.
- Makes 30 mini muffins at 1 smart point each or 1 points plus.
- Nutritional info per muffin.. Calories 30.. Fat 0.6g..Sat fat 0.4g... Carbs 5.1g...Fiber 0.4g...Sugar 1.3g...Protein 1.2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Pingback: 60+ Weight Watchers Friendly Desserts - Meal Planning Mommies