I have never been a fan of oatmeal as a meal and don’t get me started on overnight oats haha, just not my thing, but I do love baking with oats and I wanted to create a tasty oatmeal bar that would make a great grab and go breakfast. These oatmeal chocolate chip squares are for one, HUGE and taste so good, the chocolate chips are just enough to make them feel like a decadent treat! The recipe is simple to make with ingredients you likely have in the cupboard already, makes 9 large squares at 5 smart points each on WW freestyle.
Oatmeal chocolate chip squares
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/3 cup oats quick oats work fine
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x9 baking dish with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with the brown sugar.
- Mix in the apple sauce, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, oats, baking powder and cinnamon, mix well then fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Pour batter out into the baking dish and bake in the oven for approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool, then use a knife to scrape around edges and remove the squares from the pan, I was able to remove as whole and then cut into 9 equal square.
- Keep in sealed container, best stored in fridge or freezer after a couple days.
Smart Points- 6 (green) using WW recipe builder
Smart Points- 4 (purple) using the WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 5 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per square- Calories.. 171...Fat 4.5g...Sat fat 1.8g...Carbs 27.9g...Fiber 1.6g...Sugar 9.2g.. Protein 4.9g using My Fitness pal *Note includes all ingredients, if you enter these numbers in a freestyle calculator you may get a higher reading since eggs are a zero food.