What is not to love about these huge nutella cookies. They have the texture of a soft warm brownie and a delicious cookie butter center. I promise if you love all things chocolate they will become your new favorite cookie to bake up and they are so easy to make. Only 3 smart points each, did I mention they are big cookies? 😉
Nutella brownie cookies
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup nutella
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup white flour
- 1.5 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp cookie butter or nutella for topping
- Preheat oven to 325F, spray a large cookie sheet with non stick spray.
- With an electric mixer beat together the applesauce and sugar for 2 minutes, add the egg and continue beating, then add the Nutella while still beating.
- Using a spoon mix in dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Spoon cookies onto cookie sheet and in the middle of each cookie add 1/4 tsp of cookie butter, you can use Nutella for middle if you don't have any cookie butter, but I find more stores are carrying it now and it will be in the same section as your peanut butter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, makes 20 cookies at 3 smart points each..
- Nutritional info per cookie.. Calories 70...Fat 2g...Sat fat 0.9g...Carbs 10g.. Fiber 0.5g..Sugars 8.6g...Protein 1.2g