It’s been a while since I made a donut recipe, one of my favorite things to bake up so that needed to change 😉 Say hello to these delicious and easy to make chocolate glazed donuts. Just 4 smart points each on WW freestyle and easily worked into your day, so yes you can have your donut and eat it too! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- FOR THE GLAZE
- ⅓ cup confectionary sugar (icing sugar)
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 6 hole donut tin with some nonstick spray.
- In a bowl whisk your egg with the sugar, add in milk and vanilla and stir.
- Mix in your flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, mix well then pour batter into donut tin.
- Bake in the oven for 16 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes.
- To make your glaze use something that will be good to dip the donuts in, I used a small flat plate with raised sides. Mix your confectionary sugar, vanilla and water till sugar is all dissolved. Dip both sides off donuts into glaze and then transfer to a wire rack with something underneath to catch the glaze that will drop off *Note when calculating points and nutritional info I only accounted for ¼ cup of icing sugar as a lot of the glaze will drop off.
- Let glaze dry, store donuts in a sealed container, best in the fridge and they will freeze well.
Smart Points- 4 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info Calories.. 100..Fat 1.7g...Sat fat 0.7g...Carbs 18.5g.. Fiber 1.7g...Sugar 8.9g...Protein 3.4g