I just love a good banana chocolate chip loaf, I already have one that I made way back when I first started this blog so I wanted to create a new one. I ordered some Lily’s dark chocolate chips and was really impressed with the taste of them and the fact they did not upset my stomach (something I deal with when trying sugar-free products) check your local Whole Foods store if you have trouble finding them, I ordered from this Canadian website that carries a lot of hard to find products. This dark chocolate chip banana loaf was delicious and only 4 smart points per serving on WW freestyle.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 medium mashed bananas
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g Lily's sugar free dark chocolate chips (about ⅓ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular sized loaf pan with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your eggs and brown sugar.
- Add in mashed banana, applesauce, and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in flour and baking powder, then fold in chocolate chips *save a few to sprinkle on top
- Bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until baked right through.
- Cut into 10 servings, loaf will freeze well and best stored in the fridge after day 1.
Smart Points- (green) 4 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving... Calories 163...Fat 3.1g...Sat fat 1.4g...Carbs 30.1g...Fiber 3g...Sugar 8.5g..Protein 4.2g *note- this includes all ingredients, old SP & PP were determined before adding in the banana/applesauce