I just love a good banana chocolate chip loaf, I already have one that I made way back when I first started this blog so I wanted to create a new one. I ordered some Lily’s dark chocolate chips and was really impressed with the taste of them and the fact they did not upset my stomach (something I deal with when trying sugar-free products) check your local Whole Foods store if you have trouble finding them, I ordered from this Canadian website that carries a lot of hard to find products. This dark chocolate chip banana loaf was delicious and only 4 smart points per serving on WW freestyle.
Dark chocolate chip banana loaf
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 medium mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60 g Lily's sugar free dark chocolate chips about 1/3 cup
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular sized loaf pan with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your eggs and brown sugar.
- Add in mashed banana, applesauce, and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in flour and baking powder, then fold in chocolate chips *save a few to sprinkle on top
- Bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until baked right through.
- Cut into 10 servings, loaf will freeze well and best stored in the fridge after day 1.