It’s almost Easter and I wanted to bake up a new easy and tasty loaf to have for Sunday brunch but one that would keep everyone on track. This lemon blueberry loaf is so easy to make, with simple ingredients and just 2 freestyle smart points per serving. You can add an easy glaze to it if you don’t mind adding a point, the “how to” is listed in the instructions. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend!
Blueberry lemon loaf
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice the juice of one large lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries you can use frozen I just prefer fresh in this loaf
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular size loaf pan with some non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs and add in brown sugar, stir till blended
- Mix in your applesauce, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder, soda and lemon zest.
- Very gently fold in your blueberries.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for approx 40-45 minutes until loaf is baked through.
- Let cool then remove from pan and cut into 10 slices, best stored in fridge and will freeze well.
- *Note, if you want to add a glaze you can do so by using 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon & 3Tbsp icing sugar (confectionery sugar, AKA powdered sugar) this will add a point per serving