You guys I was in apple fritter heaven with this delicious creation! We had recently been to St Jacob’s market , my favorite market which is about an hour from me, and the food vendors there are amazing.. One can not visit the market without waiting in line for the famous apple fritters, if you make it home without eating them all then I commend you! These apple fritters are simply put….AMAZING! Fast forward a few days and to a few apples sitting on my counter and I had that “OMG why have I not made a apple fritter loaf before” moment.. so here it is and this my friends is hands down DELICIOUS!! Make sure there are people around to share this one with 😉 Makes 10 nice size servings at 4 freestyle smart points each.
Apple fritter loaf
- 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 apples peeled and diced (any apples are fine, I used granny smith)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup milk I used 1%
- FOR ICING GLAZE
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar confectionery sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a regular size loaf pan with some non stick spray.
- In a small bowl mix your 3 Tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon together and set aside.
- Peel and dice your apples into small pieces, mix in a bowl with your remaining 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl whisk your eggs and mix in your 1/4 cup brown sugar. Stir in apple sauce, vanilla and milk. Mix well.
- Fold in your flour, baking soda and powder.
- Pour half of your batter into your loaf pan, top with 1/2 of your diced apple mixture and lightly press into batter, sprinkle half of your brown sugar mixture on. Top with remaining batter, apples and sugar mixture..
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes and make sure loaf is baked through.
- Let cool for at least 45 minutes before removing from pan.
- For glaze mix your icing sugar and 1/2 Tbsp of milk together and drizzle with a spoon over top of loaf (optional to add the glaze but adds a nice sweetness) I don't think points will change if you don't use the glaze.. Cut into 10 slices.
- Store in sealed container,move to fridge after day 1. Makes 10 slices at 4-5 personal points per slice depending on your 0PP foods, 4 smart points on blue & purple and 5SP on green per slice (3 points plus)
- Nutritonal info (not incl apples because on WW we don't add points for fruit) Calories 128...Fat 1.3g...Sat fat 0.4g... Carbs 25.3g... Fiber 0.5g... Sugars 13.4g...Protein 3.2g