It was a cold windy and snowy day, the strong gust sounds just made me thankful to be inside cozy and warm.. and what goes better with that feeling than a nice bowl of soup 🙂 I love making soup in the crock pot, it makes everything so easy and a quick clean up afterward! I wanted a soup that felt like a good meal..so I made this delicious creamy chicken alfredo soup and it does not disappoint! Makes 6-1 cup servings at only 3 freestyle smart points each.
Creamy chicken and bacon alfredo soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz cooked shredded chicken
- 1 can 284ml low fat cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup light alfredo sauce
- 1 cup almond milk can substitute with 1% but be mindful of points increasing
- 6 slices of cooked bacon I use Oscar Mayer center cut to keep points low
- 2 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 glove garlic diced
- Cook your slices of bacon on stove top, drain and crumble bacon.
- Plug in crock pot and set to high.
- Pour in your broth and cream of chicken soup and stir well.
- Add in your chicken, alfredo sauce, milk, cheese and diced garlic and stir well.
- Mix in your crumbled bacon.
- Leave on high for 30 minutes, then turn to low and simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Makes 6-1 cup servings
- *Chicken can be cooked in crock pot ahead of time, I cook mine on high for 3-4 hours in a little broth, it will shred nicely.