If you like simple but tasty recipes, you’ve got to try these BBQ chicken wonton cups. You need just a few ingredients to pack a lot of flavor into these little snacks. They are absolutely delicious, filled to the brim with flavor, crunchy and creamy, and only 2 points per cup. BBQ chicken wonton cups make a great afternoon snack if you need a little protein boost but you don’t want just plain chicken. They’re also great appetizers for a dinner party. Your guests don’t have to know they’re healthy - they’ll never guess!
BBQ chicken wonton cups are made with shredded chicken breast (a fantastic way to use up any leftover rotisserie chicken). The chicken is mixed with a little bit of low sugar bbq sauce and a bit of light ranch dressing. The mixture is then baked in a wonton wrapper until it’s warm and crunchy. You can serve them with an extra sauce on the side, like more ranch or bbq sauce, but they’re also fantastic just how they’re made. So let’s get started!
Three reasons why you need to make this recipe!
Each BBQ chicken wonton cup is under 100 calories and has 6 grams of protein.
Have three of these and you’ve got a pretty well balanced, high protein meal. 150 calories and 18 grams of protein is the perfect size for a snack to hold you over until dinner.
Handheld snacks are always more fun (and easy).
A snack that doesn’t make a mess should be the go to, always. Once these are cooked, you can just grab and go. They are easy to eat, you don’t even need a fork or a knife.
BBQ Chicken Wonton Cups are a low carb treat!
Each wonton cup has only 5 grams of carbs. That’s like eating 5 grapes. It’s almost nothing! You could have 4 whole wonton cups and only be at 20 grams of carbs. It’s a treat!
Ingredients you need to make BBQ Chicken Wonton Cups:
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 6 oz shredded cooked boneless chicken breast
- 2.5 tablespoon light ranch dressing or zero point ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoon light barbecue sauce, Kraft or G-Hughes are good brands.
- 6 slices cooked Oscar Mayer center cut bacon, crumbled
- ⅓ cup shredded reduced fat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray a 12 hole regular sized muffin tin.
- Place the wonton wrappers in the muffin holes and push them down so that all of the sides are covered.
- In a small bowl, mix the chicken, crumbled bacon, barbecue sauce, and 2 tablespoon of the ranch dressing (leave ½ tablespoon aside for the ranch drizzle) and mix well. Then divide the mixture over the 12 wonton cups.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the 12 cups.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, checking often so the wonton wrappers don't burn.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the remaining ranch dressing on top. To create a good drizzle, put the ranch dressing in a zip-lock bag and make a small snip in the corner. It’ll help you have enough drizzle for all 12 cups.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 12 servings. Nutrition info for 1 serving: Calories 64, Fat 2 g, Saturated fat .8 g, Carbs 5 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars .1 g, Sodium 240 mg, Protein 6 g.
- Wonton wrappers 8 points
- Shredded cooked boneless chicken breast 0 points
- Light ranch dressing 3 points
- G Hughes Sugar Free barbecue sauce 0 points
- Cooked bacon 6 points
- Shredded reduced fat cheese 5 points
2 points per Wonton cup based on the WW app recipe creator.
If you’re using an older version of WW, check out these points below.
2PP, 2SP blue, green & purple
- Zero Point Ranch doesn’t change the points, so you can use light ranch if you’d prefer. If you want ranch as a dipping sauce, I recommend making Zero Point Ranch so you’re not adding extra points.
- Switch out the BBQ for buffalo sauce for a buffalo chicken wonton cup.
- Use ground turkey or ground chicken if you don’t like shredded chicken - either of those would work!
- You could use extra lean ground beef and taco seasoning to make a Taco Tuesday version.
- For a vegan version, crumble up some seitan to use in place of the chicken. You could use tofu, it would just be a bit softer.
- These cups are a good way to hide veggies. Mixing cauliflower rice into the chicken mixture would not only bulk up the wonton cups, but it would add vitamins and minerals as well. And cauliflower takes on the taste of any sauce that it’s with, so you still would only get the BBQ ranch flavor.
- For the shredded chicken, I cook mine in the crock pot. I add a little broth and cook the chicken breasts on high for 3-4 hours. I then shred it right in the crockpot with a hand mixer. It’s great to have in the fridge for meal prep! Leftover rotisserie chicken also works great in these BBQ chicken wonton cups.
- Keep these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, an air fryer works great. You could always pop them in the oven for 5-8 minutes as well. A microwave could work, but it won’t get the wonton crispy again like an air fryer would.
- You can freeze these as long as they are wrapped tightly and stored in a ziploc freezer bag.
BBQ chicken bacon and ranch wonton cups
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 6 oz shredded cooked boneless chicken breast I cook mine in the crock pot, little broth on high 3-4 hours depending on how much chicken you cook up, great to have in the fridge for meal prep!
- 2.5 tablespoon light ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoon light barbecue sauce I used Kraft light
- 6 slices cooked bacon crumbled (I used Oscar Mayer center cut to keep points low)
- ⅓ cup shredded light cheese reduced fat kind
- Preheat oven to 350F, lightly spray a 12 hole regular sized muffin tin.
- Place your wonton wrappers in muffins holes and push down.
- In a small bowl mix your chicken, crumbled bacon, barbecue sauce and 2 tablespoon of your dressing (leave ½T aside for drizzle) mix well and then divide over your 12 wonton cups.
- Sprinkle your cheese evenly over the 12 cups.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, checking your wonton wrappers don't burn.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining dressing, place in a small zip lock and cut a tiny hole, you don't need much for the drizzle.. serve immediately
- Nutritional info, per cup.. Calories 69..Fat 2.6g..Saturated fat 0.5g... Carbs 5.4g... Fiber 0.2g...Sugars 0.6g...Protein 5.7g