You know what you should make for Christmas morning… these delicious cinnamon sugar cream cheese pinwheels. I promise they are super easy to make and such a fun little sweet and savory treat! They would also be a great addition to your dessert table or you can just bake them up and not share haha 😉 I doubt they will last long regardless of how you serve them up, makes 16 pinwheels at 3 smart points each.
Cinnamon sugar cream cheese pinwheels
- 1 package reduced fat Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 4 oz light cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (confectionary sugar about 35g)
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp butter (melted)
- Roll out your crescent dough and divide into 2 pieces, each piece is 4 crescent rolls, pinch together any open seems.
- In a bowl mix together your softened cream cheese and icing sugar till well blended. Divide over your 2 pieces of dough and spread out evenly.
- In a small bowl mix 1 tsp of sugar with 1 tsp of cinnamon, sprinkle over your cream cheese.
- Roll up the dough, then using a pastry brush cover each roll with your melted butter.
- Mix together 2 Tbsp sugar with 2 tsp cinnamon, spread out on a flat surface and roll your dough making sure you cover completely with the cinnamon sugar.
- Place rolled dough in the freezer to harden up, this will help when you cut them, I left mine for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut each roll into 8 pieces, the best way to have equal pinwheels is to cut the roll in half, then those two halves in half then repeat again.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (and lightly sprayed) and bake for 14 minutes.
- Serve warm, makes 16 pinwheels.
Points Plus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info .. Calories 76... Fat 3.3g...Sat fat 1.6g...Carbs 10.8g...Fiber 0g...Sugar 5.8g... Protein 1.5g using My Fitness Pal