Soup is not only good for the soul, its good for the tummy too! 😉 Some days I just like a good hearty bowl of soup for dinner. But I also want it to be a filling soup, and this creamy chicken and bacon does not disappoint. It’s full of shredded chicken and bacon crumble and perfect to warm you up on that cold winter’s day. At 3 freestyle points per serving its a great low point meal.
Creamy chicken and bacon soup
- 2.5 T butter
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 t parsley flakes
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups almond milk I use unsweetened original
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1.5 cup shredded chicken cooked about 6oz
- 1 T light cream cheese
- 2 T bacon crumble
- In a large pot on the stove melt your butter on medium. Add parsley and garlic powder and stir, then add your diced onions. Let onions cook for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir well, it will be thick. Slowly whisk in your milk and chicken broth. Let cook on medium-low for approx. 20-25 minutes, soup will thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste, then add chicken, bacon and cream cheese, let simmer for 5-10 minutes while cheese melts. Makes 4-1 cup servings at 3 freestyle, 4sp or 4pp per serving. Feel free to add in some diced carrots and/or celery, when adding in the onions.
- I served mine with some quick and easy garlic sticks I made using a 7.5 ounce package of Pillsbury tea biscuits. Melt 2t butter, roll biscuits out with hands to form sticks, place on a sprayed cookie sheet. Brush sticks with melted margarine and then sprinkle with garlic powder and a little parmesan cheese. Bake in oven as directed on Pillsbury package. 1pp each or 2sp each.
- Nutritional info per 1 cup of soup.. Calories 192... Fat 7.2g...Saturated fat 1.4g...Carbs 8.4g...Fiber 0.2g....Sugars 0.7g..Protein 18.7g