I’ve been on a bit of a zucchini kick lately (more recipes to come) I have actually found a new liking for it because I always thought I wasn’t a fan..who knew 😉 I love baking, especially muffins, they are great for meal prep since you can freeze them individually. These chocolate chip zucchini muffins are delicious, and just enough chocolate to sweeten them up. I know I will get asked so I’ll answer it here, no you can’t really taste the banana, or at least I can’t, I find the chocolate and zucchini overpower it. These baked up treats are just 4 smart points each on WW freestyle and if you want to leave the chocolate chips out (no fun!) they are 3 smart points.
Chocolate chip zucchini muffins
- 1 3/4 cups diced zucchini
- 1 medium mashed banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a 12 hole regular size muffin tin.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs and add in brown sugar. Stir in mashed banana, applesauce, honey and vanilla.
- Mix in your flour, cinnamon, baking soda and powder. Fold in your diced zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into your 12 cups and bake for 22 minutes or until muffins are a golden brown.
- Makes 12 muffins, you can choose to leave the chocolate chips out, I did the math and they are 3 freestyle points each without them. Muffins will freeze well and best stored in the fridge after a day or two.