Christmas and cookies go together like Halloween and chocolate 😉 Who doesn’t love just spending the day baking Christmas cookies.. especially if you get the kids involved! But… most cookies are going to cost you in points, especially our new “smart points”, so I set out to make a smart points friendly Christmas cookie.. and according to my daughter I hit the jackpot!! 🙂 She came home from school just as these chocolate fudge crinkle cookies came out of the oven and I think she ate 8 😉 needless to say the verdict was in.. they were delicious… and… tada.. only 1 smart point each 🙂 Here’s a suggestion with left over cookies..freeze them and then use them as crumble topping for your yogurts! 🙂
Chocolate fudge crinkle cookies
- 1/3 cup reduced calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup 0% vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat together your margarine and brown sugar for 2 minutes, then add in your cocoa powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Continue beating and add your eggs whites and yogurt. Add about half of your flour while still using the electric mixer, then add in the rest with your hands, dough will be thick. Form into 2 dough balls.
- Sift your icing sugar onto a flat plate, drop dough by spoonfuls into sugar and roll into balls (flattening them a little) place on parchment paper and bake in oven for 10 minutes, at around the 7 minute mark push down slightly on the cookies, careful as they will be hot.
- Yields 36 cookies at 1 sp each on all 3 MyWW programs or 1pp each. Store in sealed container, best served same day as baking them.
- Nutritional info (adapted from my fitness pal) per cookie, Calories 40... Fat 1.2g... Saturated fat 0.1g... Carbohydrates 6.9g... Fiber 0.7g... Sugars 1.9g... Protein 1.3g