Everyone loves a good bubble up and I hope I never run out of ideas for new dishes. I get asked “what’s a bubble up” from time to time, it’s just a term given to the dish that requires a biscuit dough and as they bake into the dish they “bubble up”. These dishes are easy to put together and make great family meals. This chicken parmesan bubble up is so good and full of cheese! Serves 6 at only 5 smart points each on WW freestyle. I used my own zero point tomato sauce to keep this dish low, find the recipe here
Chicken parmesan bubble up
- 7.5 oz package biscuits (I use the ones pictured, they are Great Value (Walmart) and come in a 4 pack, 10 small biscuits in 1 pack.)
- 10 oz cooked shredded chicken (approx 2.5 cups)
- 1 cup diced peppers *optional to add mushrooms (onions or any other veggie)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2.5 cup pasta sauce *I used my homemade pasta sauce that is zero points (I linked it in the opening write up.)
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x13 dish with nonstick spray.
- Cut your 10 small biscuits into 6 pieces each, so 60 pieces in total. Place the biscuits pieces in a ziplock bag and sprinkle 2 Tbsp of grated parmesan cheese over top, shake up and then place biscuit pieces in bottom of the dish, sprinkle leftover cheese from the bag over the biscuits.
- In a bowl mix together your shredded chicken, tomato sauce, peppers and remaining 2 Tbsp of parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto your biscuits, top with 1/4 cup of your shredded parmesan and sprinkle italian seasoning on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes, remove from oven, remove foil, sprinkle remainig 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan on top and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 6 equal servings, weighing approx 7.5oz each, serve warm. Leftovers will freeze well.
Smart Points- 6 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 5 using PP calculator
Nutritional info..Calories 277.. Fat 8.5g...Sat fat 2.8g..Carbs 28.9g...Fiber 3g..Sugar 9g...Protein 20.4g using My Fitness Pal *Note- this includes all ingredients, zero point tomato sauce & peppers, so if using these numbers in your calculator you may get a different point value, Old SP & PP were determined before adding those ingredient values