I have been meaning to make a slow cooker tomato sauce recipe for a long time and just kept pushing it aside. With veggies being zero points it is easy to make one up to save on points when making recipes that call for pasta sauce. I also wanted to sneak as many vegetables into it that I could as I have a love hate relationship with veggies, meaning I love to hate them 😉 This sauce was so simple to make and tasted delicious, I know when it comes to pasta sauce they are a dime a dozen with different recipes out there but I thought why not throw one on my blog that I have given a big two thumbs up to!
- 2- 28oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1- 5.5 can tomato paste
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper (1 tsp of each or to taste)
- ¼ cup franks hot sauce *optional, if you want a little spice to it, I added it and it was just enough zest but not too spicy
- Turn crock pot to low and put all your ingredients in.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- I used a hand food chopper to dice all of my veggies so they were nice and small.
- Makes 12- 1 cup servings, the only ingredient with points is the tomato paste, mine was 3SP for the small can, so each 1 cup serving of this sauce is zero points.
- Store in mason jars
Smart Points- 0 SP
Points Plus- 0PP
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories.. 54...Fat 0.2g...Sat fat 0g...Carbs 12.1g...Fiber 3.9g...Sugar 6.5g...Protein 2.6g *note- veggies still have calories etc so yes if you enter these number into your WW calculator you will get a point value, but we know that all veggies have a zero point value *Nutri info using My Fitness pal