I wanted to make another bubble up creation but try to take advantage of the zero point foods on freestyle so I could keep the points nice and low. This Asian chicken bubble up is so tasty and flavorful, and very easy to make but the best part is it’s just 3 freestyle smart points per serving so you can double if you’d like. The fresh cabbage topping adds a nice crunch and you can always top it with other fresh veggies to suit you. I loved this dish and enjoyed 2 servings which were more than satisfying, hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
- 1 7.5oz package of biscuits (I use Great Value from Walmart in the U.S, there is 10 small biscuits in the pack, if you can't find the right size use the smallest you can find and maybe weigh out 7.5oz, also cut the biscuits open into 2 then cut each piece into 6 because if your biscuits are bigger then you need to make sure you have enough pieces of dough to spread on bottom of dish)
- 1 lb raw fat-free ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- ½ Tbsp sriracha (optional)
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ Tbsp brown sugar
- Chopped red cabbage
- Diced green onion
- Spray a large frying pan with some cooking spray and cook chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes, add in diced garlic and chopped carrots, continue cooking till chicken is cooked through.
- In a bowl (or large measuring cup which is what I used) mix together your soy sauce, teriyaki, sriracha, lime, ginger and brown sugar. Pour into your chicken mixture once the chicken has cooked and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some cooking spray. Open your biscuits and cut each of the 10 small biscuits into 6 pieces, spread them out over the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Cover your biscuit with your chicken mixture (don't drain chicken mixture or your dish will be too dry) Cover dish with foil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes, remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Top with fresh chopped red cabbage and green onion, cut into 6 equal servings, approx 6oz each. Store any leftovers in the fridge and will freeze well too.
Smart Points- 4 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving..Calories 194...Fat 1.8g...Sat fat 0.3g...Carbs 21.6g...Fiber 0.6g...Sugar 5.2g..Protein 19.8g using My Fitness Pal *note nutriitonal info included carrots so if using these numbers in your SP calculator or PP calculator you may get a different point value