It was a muffin baking kinda day.. I was after something sweet and also craving an apple baked treat..as much as I love chocolate my favorite dessert usually ends up being something with apple in it 🙂 These brown sugar apple cinnamon muffins are delicious and just 2 smart points each on WW freestyle. I love when I can bake up a tasty muffin for just 2 points, even if I want two I know I can easily work them into my day without going off track, win win 🙂
Brown sugar apple muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 apple peeled & diced (about 1 cup)
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 1.5 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 12 hole regular size muffin tin with some cooking apray.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs and add in brown sugar, mix well.
- Stir in apple sauce, almond milk and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Fold in your peeled and diced apple, divide batter evenly over the 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl mix the 1.5 Tbsp brown sugar with the 1 tsp of cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the muffins. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool then gently remove from the muffin tin, Muffins will freeze well and best stored in the fridge after a day or two.
- *You can substitue the almond milk but check if the points might change by using the WW recipe builder.
Smart Points- (green) 3 using SP calculator
Points PLus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per muffins... Calories 93....Fat 1.1g...Sat fat 0.3g...Carbs 18g...Fiber 1g...Sugar 8.1g...Protein 2.3g *Includes all ingredients, old SP/PP were determined before entering the zero point foods (apple, applesauce)