Happy Easter friends! I’m sure this is not what you thought your Easter may look like this year but I am trying to focus on the positive, I’m home with my immediate family, safe & healthy.. and I am thinking about next Easter and hoping that we can all be together celebrating the holiday..stay home and save lives!
I have been doing a lot of baking, probably more so than I usually do and I was craving a peanut butter chocolate combo so say hello to these tasty double chocolate peanut butter muffins. The peanut butter is swirled onto the top ensuring each bite gives us that delicious peanut butter flavor. Recipe makes 12 full-size muffins, 3SP on both blue & purple MyWW programs and 4SP on green.
Double chocolate peanut butter swirl muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup milk *I used 1%
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp lily's dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 12 hole regular size muffin tin.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and add in the sugar. Stir in the applesauce, milk and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, you can use any chocolate chips it just might alter the points, 3Tbsp of lily's is 7SP.
- Divide batter evenly over the 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl melt the peanut butter in the microwave, I do it for about 35 seconds, you want it thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle the melted peanut butter on top of each muffin, use a toothpick or similar to swirl the PB around, it will start to harden so do this process quickly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes.
- Muffins are best stored in the fridge after day 1 and they will freeze well.
- *Note- you can substitute powdered PB if you'd like, the points for the regular PB I used is 8SP