I love sausage rolls, they are one of my favorite snacks to eat over the holidays and pair well with a few cocktails. These turkey sausage rolls are so simple to whip up and taste amazing, using the ground turkey lightens them up a little. I used the pre-made puff pastry to keep things quick and easy, there are a few different brands out there so points could vary and I can only give points based on what I used. Recipe makes 36 sausage rolls, 2SP each on all 3 MyWW programs, on both blue & purple you can have 2 sausage rolls for 3SP. They freeze very well so it is a recipe you can make ahead of time and freeze for when needed.
Turkey sausage rolls
- 1 lb ground turkey weighed raw
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- dash salt/pepper
- 1 package puff pastry
- Egg wash for brushing on top 1 egg with a splash of milk *you won't use much of it so I do not include it in the ingredients when I am figuring out the points.
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients, turkey, egg, breadcrumbs and seasonings.
- Flour your surface a little and roll out the dough, depending on what brand you use, mine had 2 sheets that were 10x10, I rolled them out a little to get them to more of a 10x12 rectangle and then cut each piece into 3 long strips, giving me 6 strips in total.
- Separate the meat mixture into 6 equal portions, roll out each portion so it is a long skinny piece and place on each pastry strip.
- Fold over the pastry and use a fork to seal the ends.
- Use a little egg/milk mixture to brush them, then cut each long piece into 6, easiest way would be to cut each in half, then each half in 3, this way they will all be about the same size, you should have 36 pieces in total.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper , keeping them an inch or two apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is a golden brown, let cool for 5 minutes and serve.
- Store in the fridge, they will freeze well.