I have been making these cream cheese roll-ups for parties we attend since before I can remember! They are always requested when someone hosts a get-together and I am pretty sure I can make them blindfolded now 😉 They have to be one of the easiest appetizer/party foods you can whip up and I promise they will be the first to go. You can play around with the brands/products you use as far as using fat-free cheese to lower the overall points a bit. Based on my products these delicious cream cheese rolls ups are 1 smart point each and you can have 5 pieces for 4SP.
Cream cheese roll ups
- 1 package full size tortillas
- 2- 8 oz packs light cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese (I use a 3 cheese blend)
- Green onion (diced)
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened, I pop mine in the microwave on half power for about 1 minute to help soften it so it mixes well. Mix the cream cheese, salsa, shredded cheese and green onion together. If it seems too soft then pop it in the fridge for up to 30 minutes to harden up a bit, otherwise you can spread onto the tortillas. You don't want to spread too much, just enough to cover the whole tortilla.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and roll the tortillas up. I typically get 8 tortillas rolled up, if you are getting less then you might be making them to thick.
- Place rolled tortillas in the fridge for up to 30 minutes to harden up a bit and make cutting them easier.
- Unfortunalty with this recipe you will have end pieces that do not look as pretty as the rest, you can still eat them, (I have friends that beg me to save the ends after a night of partying haha)
- Each roll should produce 10 pieces plus 2 ends giving you 80 pieces to serve (and a bag full of ends)
- Refrigerate till ready to serve, I have made these the night before and they still serve well although ideally I prefer to make them the same day I am serving them.
- Based on my brands I use these are 1SP each, however you can have 5 pieces for 4SP. When entering the info into my WW recipe builder I put 112 as the serving since you basically lose 1/4 of each roll due to the ends.
- *You can play around with the brands you use and get these to 2 pieces for 1SP, use fat free cream cheese, fat free shredded cheese, and/or lightened up tortillas if you can find them.
- I did not figure out the nutritional info for these but you can easily input your brands used and how many you made into My Fitness Pal to determine the numbers.