I love quick and easy chicken meals, chicken is what we eat most at my house so I am always looking for new ways to enjoy it. There is a delicious Middle Eastern restaurant near us that makes the best chicken shawarma and while we do enjoy ordering in from time to time I wanted to try and create a simple dish of my own. I’ll admit I can’t compete with the best but this sheet pan chicken shawarma dish was amazing and simple to whip up! The flavor is so good and the best part… this is a 0SP dish on both blue/purple programs, you just need to add points for the pita if you choose or you can serve it over some rice, or even top a salad with it. I added a recipe for some easy white sauce that is also 0SP or use your own favorite sauce. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Sheet pan chicken shawarma
- 2 lbs 32 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast *weighed raw
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- 2 large bell peppers (sliced *red, yellow or green work)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dash salt/pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- FOR THE WHITE DRIZZLE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a large baking sheet with some non stick spray
- Cut chicken into 1-2 inch cubes
- In a bowl mix the 3/4 cup yogurt, fresh lemon juice, cumin, turmeric, paprika, cinnamon, salt/pepper and garlic ..
- Add cubed chicken and mix well till all the chicken is coated
- Cut the onions and peppers into slices, then cut the cherry tomatoes in halves.
- Spread chicken and onions/peppers and tomatoes on the sheet pan, I kept everything separated on the sheet pan *see picture
- Bake in the oven for 25 min (or until chicken is cooked)
- Makes 6 servings.
- To make the drizzle white sauce put all ingredients into a food processor and blend for a few minutes, this sauce will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for about 10 days. The sauce is 0SP for just a drizzle on blue/purple, if you use a decent amount I'd add a point because of the mayo, on the green program again if just a small drizzle 0SP however if you use a decent amount I'd add a point.
Smart points- green- 3 using WW recipe builder
Points plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info (filling only, does not incl pita) Calories... 227...Fat 4.2g...Sat fat 1g...Carbs 7.8g...Fiber 2.6g...Sugar 5.8g...Protein 36.5g per serving ..using My Fitness pal *note- these numbers include all ingredients even 0SP foods so if you use these number sin a WW calculator you will get a different point value