I love quick and easy chicken meals, chicken is what we eat most at my house so I am always looking for new ways to enjoy it. There is a delicious Middle Eastern restaurant near us that makes the best chicken shawarma and while we do enjoy ordering in from time to time I wanted to try and create a simple dish of my own. I’ll admit I can’t compete with the best but this sheet pan chicken shawarma dish was amazing and simple to whip up! The flavor is so good and the best part… this is a 0SP dish on both blue/purple programs, you just need to add points for the pita if you choose or you can serve it over some rice, or even top a salad with it. I added a recipe for some easy white sauce that is also 0SP or use your own favorite sauce. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Sheet pan chicken shawarma
- 2 lbs 32 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast *weighed raw
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 2 large bell peppers sliced *red, yellow or green work
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dash salt/pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- FOR THE WHITE DRIZZLE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a large baking sheet with some non stick spray
- Cut chicken into 1-2 inch cubes
- In a bowl mix the 3/4 cup yogurt, fresh lemon juice, cumin, turmeric, paprika, cinnamon, salt/pepper and garlic ..
- Add cubed chicken and mix well till all the chicken is coated
- Cut the onions and peppers into slices, then cut the cherry tomatoes in halves.
- Spread chicken and onions/peppers and tomatoes on the sheet pan, I kept everything separated on the sheet pan *see picture
- Bake in the oven for 25 min (or until chicken is cooked)
- Makes 6 servings.
- To make the drizzle white sauce put all ingredients into a food processor and blend for a few minutes, this sauce will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for about 10 days. The sauce is 0SP for just a drizzle on blue/purple, if you use a decent amount I'd add a point because of the mayo, on the green program again if just a small drizzle 0SP however if you use a decent amount I'd add a point.
Goin on the list! I’d say 99 percent of my dinners are yours !
Hi Angela, that is so great to hear, I hope you enjoy the chicken shawarma 🙂
This was so delicious! I left out the mayo and it was a winner 0 pt Purple plan dinner. Will certainly make it again!
I am so glad you enjoyed it 🙂
Yay, glad you enjoyed them 🙂
Hi! What pita did you use on your pictures?
Hi, it was just a basic pita from the grocery store, nothing fancy or low point
It looks like you added zucchini to yours in the picture, was it cooked or raw for crunch thanks in advance
Hi the zucchini was raw 🙂
Served this on a fresh crisp romaine lettuce leaf, so good.
Awesome, I’m so glad you enjoyed it and that is a great 0 point meal 🙂
I just found your site. Where have you been all my life??? I’m making this and the cinnamon rolls next week.
Hi Val, yay so glad you found me 🙂 I hope you enjoy the recipes!
Hi, did you use ff Greek yogurt?
Hi, I use 0% so yes