It’s almost game day! Superbowl Sunday is just a day to eat lots of yummy food right 😉 I have several weight watcher friendly dishes you can whip up for the big day and I thought these pepperoni & bacon pizza bites were the perfect addition. They took me all of 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes in the oven. There is no guilty feelings hanging around these tasty treats, just 1 smart point each, so go ahead and enjoy a few!
Mini pepperoni & bacon pizza muffins
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt'
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 3 slices cooked low point bacon I used Wegman's center cut bacon, as an alternative you can use turkey bacon or bacon crumble found usually in your salad dressing aisle
- 20 small slices pepperoni 56g I use Ziggys brand sold in Canada
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl whisk together your egg and milk, in a separate bowl mix your flour, baking powder, garlic and italian seasoning together. Add your egg/milk mixture to your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in your cheeses.
- Cut your pepperoni into small pieces, crumble your cooked bacon slices and mix both into your batter.
- Divide batter over your 24 mini muffin tin, sprinkle with more italian seasoning.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from tin using a knife around edges, serve warm with some marinara sauce or pizza sauce for dipping.
- Makes 24 mini muffins at 1 smart point each on all 3 MyWW programs (1PP)
- Nutritional info per muffin..Calories 40... Fat 1.5g...Sat fat 0.7g...Carbs 3.9g... Fiber 0.2g... Sugars 0.8g.. Protein 2.6g