Need a quick easy meal that the whole family will love? Love no further, this taco pie will put a smile on everyone’s face. 🙂 With just a few simple ingredients you can whip this meal up in no time. This is probably one of my most popular recipes, serves 6 at 8 freestyle smart points each or 7 points plus.
Easy taco pie
- 1 pack of Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup of salsa
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup light grated cheese
- *Optional to top with lettuce tomatoes and onions etc
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Heat up your ground beef in a frying pan on stove, once cooked drain fat. Add salsa and taco seasoning, I only use half the pack of seasoning so it is not to strong tasting. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place your crescent rolls into a 9 inch pie dish, making sure to cover all areas. This may require breaking up some of the rolls to fill in spaces. Pre-bake crust for 5 minutes to avoid the middle not cooking through..
- Place your meat mixture into the pie dish and spread evenly, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven for approx. 10-12 minutes, checking often. Serves 6 at 8SP on all 3 MyWW programs or 7pp per slice.
- Nutritional info .Per serving.. Calories 268... Fat 10.8g... Saturated fat 4.7g... Carbs 22.1g... Fiber 0.5g... Sugars 4.9g... Protein 21.6g