I switched to the purple program for the month of January, I wanted to see how I felt following it and to have experience with all 3 programs. I have followed both green (my preference) and blue so it just felt right to try out the purple program. It is definitely scary having only 16 daily points but that got me wanting to create as many low point, if not zero point meals as I could so I can save as many as my daily points for snacks and my favorite foods. These turkey breakfast sausage patties are so good, this recipe is simple and is all about those spices! It is best if you make these up the night before to let the spices really soak into the meat but if time does not allow they are still delicious. These sausage patties are 0SP on both blue & purple program and just 1SP on green. This whole breakfast pictured below is 0SP on the purple program, the potatoes were cooked in the air fryer with a little cajun seasoning.
Turkey breakfast sausage patties
- 1 lb ground turkey *weighed raw
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup *I used a sugar free one but regular is fine it should not add any points per serving
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 clove of garlic diced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sage
- 1.5 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- *If time allows make the mixture the night before and let patties sit in the fridge overnight so the spices can soak into the meat.
- In a bowl mix together the turkey, maple syrup and all spices, mix well then divide into 6- 3oz patties. Place in sealed container in the fridge. You can cook them right away if needed just the spices really come out more when left overnight in the fridge.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and coat with some non stick cooking spray.
- I cooked 3 patties up at a time, cook for 3-4 minutes then flip and repeat until the patties are cooked right through, mine took about 14 minutes, time may vary depending how thin or thick you make the patties.
- Serve warm.. They will reheat well, and you can freeze them both cooked or uncooked.
Smart Points green- 1SP using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per pattie...Calories 87...Fat 0.7g...Sat fat 0g...Carbs 0.3g...Fiber 0g...Sugar 0g... Protein 18g using My Fitness Pal