It's grilling season everyone and I'm so excited! We just recently moved and we have a beautiful large backyard with an oversized 20x40 inground pool so it's safe to say I'll be spending all my time out there! The BBQ will likely get more use this summer than it ever has haha and I'm looking forward to creating new easy recipes to grill up. These cracked chicken burgers are full of flavor and delicious! They only take a few minutes to prepare and can be frozen before or after you grill them. They are a must try next time you fire up the grill. The recipe makes 4 burgers, 5 points each on WW.
- Ground chicken
- Bacon crumbs
- Ranch seasoning
- Shredded cheddar
- Shredded mozzarella
- Salt & pepper
Tips and suggestions...
You can cook and crumble your own bacon, I use these bacon crumbs , here in Ontario we can't buy the center cut bacon and the bacon crumbs help keep the WW points down.
This is the ranch seasoning I buy, any brand will work just as well.
I like a cheddar and mozzarella mix in these burgers but you can use any shredded cheese, to help keep points on WW a bit lower I always look for a reduced-fat brand.
You can add in some extra seasoning, I have added in some cajun and a pinch of cayenne to spice them up as I am a lover of all things spicy!
The BBQ grill is the preferred method for cooking the burgers. As an alternative, you can use a skillet on the stove or you could cook them in the air-fryer.
The burgers can easily be prepped the night before and left in the fridge, or you can prep them and freeze them to use when you are ready. You can freeze cooked burgers as well. Dethaw before cooking.
Cracked chicken burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 28 g package ranch seasoning *I use Clubhouse
- ⅓ cup real bacon crumbs
- ½ cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Mix all of the above ingredients together in a bowl. Shape into 4 equal size burgers.
- Cook over medium heat on the BBQ or on a grill on the stove, you could also cook them in the air fryer. Turn over a few times while cooking, they should take 20-25 minutes on the BBQ