Superbowl is on its way and I wanted to bring you a few simple appetizer foods to make sure you can take part in the festivities and stay on track! It is just a given that with any Superbowl party comes a huge amount of food, and it is usually food that makes it pretty hard to stay on track, pizza, wings, cheesy dips…the list goes on! Most of you might know my love for buffalo chicken, and I have another creation coming your way soon too! These buffalo chicken meatballs are easy to make, super filling and I won’t lie they are spicy, but you can always lower the hot sauce to tone them down a bit. Makes 36 meatballs and a serving of 3 is just 1 smart point on WW freestyle! *Note, the seasonings used in these meatballs are the same that are used to make my ranch dip and this is also what I served for the dipping sauce. If you do not have all those seasonings in the house you could probably just use some packaged ranch dip.
Buffalo chicken meatballs
- 2 lbs raw fat free ground chicken
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2/3 cups + 2 Tbsp franks original hot sauce
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with some cooking spray.
- Mix your ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, 2 Tbsp franks sauce (leave the 2/3 cups for after they have cooked) and seasoning in a bowl. Form into balls using approx 1 Tbsp of your chicken mix, place on baking sheet, you should yield 36 meatballs.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning halfway. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes, then toss meatballs in the franks sauce, return to the baking tray and bake 10 more minutes.
- Serve immediately, makes 36 meatballs, 1 serving is 3 meatballs