Try my baked blueberry lemon pancake squares for a quick and easy breakfast on those busy mornings. They are bursting with flavors and so delicious.
Blueberry lemon is one of my favorite flavor combinations, and well I love pancakes so why not put them together! These baked blueberry lemon pancakes are delicious and great for meal prep for the week, especially if you have little ones and your mornings are busy trying to get everyone ready. You can prep these tasty pancake squares to make mornings a little easier. The recipe makes 12 pancake squares, 157 calories each, and 4PP if you are following WW.
- Self-rising flour
- Greek yogurt
Tips and Suggestions
I prefer fresh blueberries in this recipe, you can use frozen blueberries if you want, they will probably change the color up a bit as you mix them.
I use vanilla greek yogurt just for a little extra flavoring and I have even used flavored yogurts such as blueberry and lemon. Any greek yogurt you have in your fridge will work in this recipe.
You will notice there is no added sugar in this recipe, the lemon juice and zest help with the overall flavor and I find it does not need sugar. If you want to add in some sugar alternative if you use them in other recipes feel free to do so. You can also add a drop of honey to the batter if you want to sweeten it up a little. Adding some syrup afterward is another great way to sweeten them up.
Some alternative/extra add-ins
- Chocolate chips
- Blackberries, strawberries, raspberries
Storing and re-heating
Keep leftovers stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. To reheat you can pop them in the toaster or heat them up in the microwave. These will freeze well making them a great option for meal prep.
Baked blueberry lemon pancake squares
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2.5 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1.5 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400F, spray a 9x13 dish with some nonstick spray.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, then stir in the yogurt and milk.
- Slowing mix in the flour, stirring well, then add the lemon juice and lemon zest
- Very gently fold in the blueberries, then pour the batter out into the casserole dish.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top. Let cool for 5 minutes then cut into 12 equal squares, 3 down, 4 across.