I made my first quiche today! I don’t do eggs.. I know I know, who doesn’t like eggs?? Unfortunately this girl. 🙁 I have tried and tried to acquire a taste and just cant seem to enjoy them. I hate it because my husband could live on eggs and the smell of them cooking drives me crazy, like I wish I could sink my teeth into them and enjoy every bite! 😉 Anyhow my dear husband requested a quiche, and although I have never made one before, who I am to disappoint.. so this spinach, mushroom and asiago cheese quiche was born.. I cant tell you on a personal note how it was, but I got two thumbs up from my egg loving husband! 🙂 It serves 8 at 6 smart points per serving.
Spinach, mushroom & asiago quiche
- 1 pre made pie crust dough (I used Pillsbury)
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 3 T milk (I used 1%)
- 1/3 cup light grated cheese
- 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Roll out your pie crust and then place into a 9 inch pie dish and cut of any hanging over the edge, I made two small slits with a knife in the bottom of the crust to prevent air pockets.
- Cook in oven for 6 minutes then set aside.
- Chop up your onions, spinach and mushrooms and cook in a frying pan with some fat free cooking spray for approx. 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl whisk your eggs with your cottage cheese, add your grated light cheese and some salt & pepper.
- Place your 1/4 cup of asiago cheese into the bottom of your pie crust.
- Top with your onion, mushroom and spinach mixture, then pour your egg mixture on top.
- Bake in oven for approx. 45 minutes, cut into 8 slices. 5pp per slice.
- Nutritional info per serving (not incl veggies) Calories 177...Fat 10.9g..Sat fat 4.3g..Carbs 13.8g..Fiber 0g..Sugars 0.5g..Protein 6.2g