I set out to make a snickerdoodle loaf the other day and the hunt for cinnamon chips was on.. let me tell ya, if you can find cinnamon chips you deserve a medal 😉 yes I tried Amazon and no joke they were asking for $40-50!!! Maybe it’s because I am in Canada but man that is crazy! Anyway, I had some butterscotch chips in the cupboard and thought “well snickerdoodle butterscotch loaf sounds equally delicious..wait maybe even more delicious.. and that it was, this loaf baked perfectly, it rises a lot so don’t be alarmed at how high it gets, just more deliciousness to go around. For all the banana haters out there that ask for “banana free” loaves, this one is for you! Makes 10 servings at 5 smart points each on WW freestyle.
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ⅓ cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup butterscotch chips
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular sized loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk your eggs and add in brown sugar. Mix in applesauce, yogurt and vanilla and stir well.
- Add flour, baking powder, soda and 2 tsp cinnamon and mix well.
- Chop up your butterscotch chips so they will be more evenly spread, in a small zip lock bag shake chips with a pinch of cinnamon. *Note - if you can find cinnamon chips feel free to replace the butterscotch chips for them.
- Fold in chips, batter will be on the thicker side. Spoon batter into loaf pan. In a small bowl mix 1 tsp of sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly on top of batter.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until baked through.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan, cut into 10 servings. Best stored in the fridge and loaf will freeze well.
Smart points, green- 6 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per slice.. Calories.. 159...Fat 3.4g...Sat fat 1.9g...Carbs 26g...Fiber 0.9g...Sugar 10.2g...Protein 4.4g *includes all ingredients