I have been wanting to try a brisket in the crock pot for sometime now and I finally picked one up the other day. Now that fall is here I love making the traditional roast beef dinner on the weekend, but brisket was calling my name. 🙂 I use to be so hesitant cooking meat for a long time in the slow cooker but let me tell you this brisket turned out so tender and delicious! Great thing about this recipe is you can pop it in the crock pot and head of to work, when you return not only will the house smell delicious but you will be enjoying a very tasty brisket for dinner! Serve as a sandwich or with your favorite side dish, I made garlic parmesan potatoes, recipe for those coming soon!
Slow cooker brisket with homemade BBQ sauce
- 3-4 lb lean brisket mine was approx 3.5lbs
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- Salt & pepper to liking
- BBQ SAUCE
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp franks hot sauce optional
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Plug in crock pot and turn to low. (*you can cook on high and check brisket at about 4-5 hours, but I prefer slow cooking it)
- Mix all of your rub ingredients together and rub evenly over your brisket (* if time allows you can wrap in saran and let sit in fridge for a few hours or even overnight)
- In a bowl mix your BBQ sauce ingredients together.
- Place brisket in crock pot and pour BBQ sauce over your meat.
- Let cook on low for at least 8 hours.
- Brisket should shred easily with a fork. Serve with your favorite side dish, I made garlic parmesan potatoes (recipe for those coming soon)
- I was able to get 12- 3oz servings, I find pointing out meat cooked in sauce in the slow cooker difficult, obviously you don't eat all the sauce that is in the pot. I am leaving the nutritional info for the sauce only, Brisket is 4SP per 3oz serving, I would count for 1-2 points for the sauce depending how "saucy" you make your serving.
- Nutritional info (sauce only) per serving (3oz of brisket) Calories 35...Fat 0g...Sat fat 0g....Carbs 8.9g...Fiber 0g...Sugars 8g...Protein 0.3g