I enjoy baking up a good loaf although it can be tricky. When you swap out different ingredients in order to keep the recipe point friendly it can cause the loaf not to rise and let me tell you I had many flops when I first started creating WW friendly recipes over 5 years ago. Some of my loaf recipes are denser than others and it really all does come down to the ingredients used. Orange & chocolate is probably one of my favorite flavor combinations and I can’t believe I haven’t made anything with it yet! This orange & dark chocolate marle loaf was delicious, it is not too dense and tastes more like a piece of cake…Yum! Makes 10 servings at 3 smart points on both blue & purple and 4 smart points on green.
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup milk *I used 1%
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice *1 large orange should produce enough
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp orange zest *zest of 1 large orange
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 37g (about ¼ cup) lily's dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular 9x5 loaf pan with some cooking spray
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and mix in the brown sugar. Add in the apple sauce, milk, orange juice and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and orange zest and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 2, in one bowl add the cocoa powder and stir well and in the other bowl fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the chococlate chip batter into the loaf pan, then top with ⅔ of the cocoa powder batter, using a knife swirl the two batters together, top with remaining chocolate chip batter and then the remaining cocoa powder batter and swirl again.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, let cool then cut into 10 equal servings
- The loaf is best stored in the fridge after day 1 and it will freeze well.
Smart Points- green- 4 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.... Calories 115...Fat 2.7g....Sat fat 1.1g...Carbs 18.6g...Fiber 1g...Sugar 3.8g...Protein 4g using My Fitness Pal *Includes all ingredients even any zero point foods