One-pot meals are my favorite, I love simplicity especially when cleaning up afterward. This one-pot chicken taco mac and cheese is so easy to whip up and a meal the whole family will enjoy. You can easily change it up to suit you by adding in some extra veggies and earning those WW points by doing so. Makes 8 servings with a range of 3-8 personal points, it will all depend on your 0PP foods, build the recipe in the recipe builder in your WW app to find your personal points.
Tips & suggestions…
Feel free to add in more veggies, zucchini, mushrooms, corn, you really can’t go wrong with any vegetables you want to incorporate into this dish. Keep in mind if you bulk up the veggies you might need to add in a little more broth.
I made this dish using ground chicken, you can swap it out for ground turkey and even ground beef, just be sure to build the recipe in your WW app if you use the ground beef as the point range will change.
I used 1% low-fat milk, any milk is fine, if you prefer to use almond or cashew milk it will work just as well.
A cheddar cheese works best with this recipe but if you prefer you can swap out for a 3 cheese blend or any shredded cheese of your liking. I only used 1 cup total to keep the points down for WW, if you are not worried about the extra points then feel free to add in extra cheese.
If whole wheat pasta is a 0PP food for you then be sure to use that so your points will stay low.
Be sure to use a large skillet or pan that will hold all of the ingredients so you can make it all in one pot.
The recipe should make 8.5 cups, so 8- heaping cup servings in total. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge. This dish will freeze well, for re-heating you can use a skillet on the stove, maybe add in a splash of broth or water, or heat in a casserole dish in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes.
One pot chicken taco mac & cheese
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced peppers *I used red & green
- 284 ml can rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- Dash salt & pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1.5 cups milk *I used 1%
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2.5 cups macaroni pasta *measured dry
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Using a large skillet (that will fit all ingredients) cook the ground chicken over medium heat.
- Add the diced onions and peppers. Then stir in the broth, milk, tomatoes, corn starch, and seasonings, mix well.
- Add the pasta, bring to a boil then cover and simmer over medium to low heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it seems too thick you can add in a little more broth.
- Remove from heat, stir in the cheese, cover and let sit a few minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Makes 8- 1 cup servings.