I love cupcakes... but who doesn't love cupcakes! In my world mini cupcakes are the way to go. I can eat one, or maybe two and not feel like I have fallen on track. The holidays are a great time to whip up some gingerbread cupcakes, however I can eat gingerbread recipes all year long. These little gems of a cupcake have a secret ingredient that make them stick out from the rest...Want to know what it is? Crushed up ginger snap cookies... um hello my new favorite cupcake. 🙂
Mini gingerbread cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Using a electric mixer beat together applesauce, sugar and crushed cookies.
- Add egg, milk, molasses and vanilla and continue beating for 2 minutes.
- In separate bowl mix dry ingredients together then add to wet. Mix well..
- Fill a paper lined mini muffin tin ¾ way full, I find it best to give the paper cups a little spray to prevent cupcakes from sticking. Bake for approx. 15-17 minutes.
- Yields 36 mini cupcakes. Top with some Betty crocker vanilla icing. 1 cupcake is 2 smart points or 1 points plus , not incl icing, add another point for icing
- Nutritional info per cupcake.. Calories 43...Fat 0.4g...Sat fat 0.1g...Carbs 9.2g... Fiber 0.7g...Sugars 3.9g..Protein 0.8g