So…you have some leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge and your heart (and stomach) wont let you throw them away… well these little patties are the perfect solution, and they are absolutely delicious!! They take very little time to prepare, and by baking them in the oven they stay point friendly coming in at only 2 smart points each. They will be a perfect side dish for any meal… enjoy! 🙂
Garlic cheese & bacon potato patties
- 1.5 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup light grated cheese
- 2 Tbsp bacon crumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 400F, spray a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl mix your potatoes, grated cheese, bacon and garlic powder together.
- Using your hands form patties, just under 1/4 cup of potato mixture. Brush each side with your egg white using a pastry brush. Mix your parmesan cheese and panko crumbs together and lay out on a plate.
- Then roll the patties in your crumb mixture making sure to cover it all.
- Place on your baking tray and spray all the patties with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip over and continue baking another 10 minutes. Serve warm, yields 10 patties at 2 sp or 2pp each.
- Nutritional info, per pattie.. Calories 65.. Fat 2g.. Saturated fat 0.7g.. Carbs 10.5g... Fiber 0.7g... Sugars 0.4g... Protein 3.1g