In honor of Valentines day I made some cupcakes 🙂 I mean who doesn't want to eat a big ole cupcake on the day known for love... These funfetti cupcakes are a lightened up recipe which are nice and low in fat, the icing is made with vanilla pudding.. which finishes these delicious treats of with the perfect amount of sweetness.. 5 smart points each for all that love 🙂
Funfetti cupcakes with vanilla pudding icing
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup white cake mix you can add extra flour if you don't have cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 egg whites ¼ cup
- ¼ cup vanilla 0% greek yogurt or plain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- For the pudding icing
- 1 package fat free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fat free cool whip
- 12 sweet heart candies optional
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular 12 hole muffin pan. I used cupcake liners but I am going to suggest that you don't as they did stick.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer beat together your apple sauce, sugar and egg whites. Stir in your yogurt, vanilla and ½ cup of milk.
- Mix in your flour, cake mix, baking soda and powder. Fold in your sprinkles.
- Fill your muffin cups about half way, bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make your pudding icing, whisk your pudding mix with 1 cup of milk, then add in your 1 cup of cool whip.
- Let cupcakes cool completely, then pipe your pudding icing out of a pastry bag or piping tool onto the cupcakes, top with a candy. Makes 12 cupcakes at 5sp each or 3pp. Best stored in the fridge.
- Nutritional info, per cupcake.. Calories 125...Fat 1.1g...Saturated fat 0g...Carbs 24.9g...Fiber 0.5g... Sugars 12g...Protein 2.9g