With the U.S Thanksgiving approaching and Christmas right around the corner, I wanted to create a side dish the whole family can enjoy. Truth be told I'm not a huge fan of corn, I love a good buttery corn on the cob in the summer but that is about it... however, you throw in all that cheesy goodness with some crunchy ritz cracker topping and this creamy cheese corn casserole was a hit! It is simple to make and a great addition to any family meal. Makes 8 servings at 4SP each on both blue & purple, 6SP on green.
Creamy cheese corn casserole
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 8 inch casserole dish with some non-stick cooking spray.
- In a pot over low heat melt the butter and cream cheese, stirring often, this will take several minutes for the cream cheese to melt down. Add in the milk and sour cream and stir till nice and creamy.
- Add in the seasonings and corn and mix well.
- Pour into the casserole dish, top with the shredded cheese and crushed ritz crackers and bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then serve, makes 8- heaping ½ cup servings.
- Store leftovers in the fridge, this will freeze well
Smart Points- Green- 6 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories.. 181...Fat 7.5g..Sat fat 2.1g...Carbs 23g...Fiber 2g...Sugar 2.9g...Protein 5.5g using My Fitness Pal *Note- these numbers include all ingredients even the 0 point foods