The very first casserole recipe I made when I started this blog was my chicken caesar pasta bake and it remains one of my favorite dishes! I have been telling myself forever or so it seems that I must turn this into the ever popular "bubble up" casserole, the term bubble up is given to these bakes when we use the biscuit dough in them and they bake up into the dish, the end result is a delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. This chicken caesar bubble up is no joke guys, so good and might just be my new favorite bubble up, but I say that every time I make a new one ha! Makes 6 servings at 5 freestyle smart points each.
Chicken caesar bubble up
- 7.5 oz pack home style biscuit dough I use Great Value bought at Walmart in the U.S, they come in a 4 value pack and have 10 small biscuits in each roll, if you can not find the right weight then buy the bigger pack and weigh out 7.5oz, I suggest you cut the bigger biscuits in half across then each piece in 8-10 pieces, so that one biscuit will yield you 16-20 pieces.
- 8 oz cooked shredded chicken about 2 cups.
- ¼ cup diced green pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup fat free caesar dressing
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoon bacon crumble real bacon bits in the package
- ¼ cup croutons crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some cooking spray.
- Cut your 10 small biscuits into 6 pieces each and spread evenly on bottom of your dish.
- In a bowl mix your shredded chicken, peppers/onion, caesar dressing, mozzarella cheese, 3 tablespoon of parmesan cheese (leave 1 tablespoon aside for topping) and 2 tablespoon bacon bits (leave 1 tablespoon aside)
- Mix well and drop by spoon evenly over your biscuits covering all areas.
- Top with your last 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of bacon bits, finish with your crushed croutons.
- Bake in oven for approx 40 minutes.
- Cut into 6 servings, each serving weighs approx 6 oz.
SP green-6 using WW recipe builder
Points plus- 5 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 225..Fat 5.4g...Sat fat 2.3g...Carbs 25.4g... Fiber 0.6g...Sugars 2g...Protein 18.2g using My Fitness Pal