Another creamy soup for these chilly fall days ahead.. I love soup and wish I experimented more with different creations.. I will, I promise 😉 It’s crazy how you won’t catch me eating raw vegetables ever, but throw them all in a crock pot, make up a creamy soup and I am good for days 🙂 This creamy cauliflower, potato and leek soup is super easy to make and so good! 3 smart points per 1 cup serving.
Cauliflower, potato and leek soup
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 stalks of leek
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 3 cups broth I used vegetable
- Salt & pepper just a dash
- 1/2 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- Wash and cut up your cauliflower. Peel and cube your potatoes.
- Wash leeks (best way is to cut them length wise with a knife to open them up so you can wash all the insides) then dice them as you would green onion.
- Dice up garlic, add all to your crock pot.
- Pour in broth and add salt & pepper.
- Let cook on high 3-4 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Using an inversion blender (or regular one) blend soup, add in your yogurt and blend again until nice and creamy. If it is too thick feel free to add in a little water or more broth.
- Makes 8 cups (possibly a little more or less depending on size of potatoes and/or cauliflower)
- The only points in the soup are for the potatoes and yogurt, making a 1 cup serving 3 smart points.
Makes a nice lunch served with a 1/2 pita pizza 🙂