Yes, you read that right!! This one is for all you carnivores!! I just about died and went to heaven when I bit into one of these babies... So many flavors all combined into one big burger... and no bun needed on this one. The spicy buffalo chicken center is delicious and then add in the bacon-wrapped burger and you're in love. Seriously go make these now.. you will not be disappointed! 8 smart points each on all programs and pairs well with a salad.
Use ground turkey or chicken to lower smart points on the blue & purple program. These burgers will taste just as good using ground turkey or chicken and will lower the points for both the blue & purple program, best to use your WW recipe builder for the correct point count.
Prepare the night before. These burgers can be prepared the night before and stored in the fridge. If doing this then perhaps make the buffalo chicken mixture and keep it in a container in the fridge, once you are ready to grill the burgers add the mixture to the middle of the burgers.
Don't like too much spice? If you are not a fan of spicy foods you can either use less Franks sauce or change it out for a regular barbecue sauce, this will add some extra points overall. One thing you can do is water down some regular sauce to give it the same consistency as Franks and keep the points a bit lower. If you use a regular barbecue sauce please build the recipe in your WW app for correct points
Don't have any cream cheese? Out of cream cheese? No worries, try laughing cow cheese or goat cheese would taste amazing! For the ranch dressing, you can use my recipe here to save a few points on the overall recipe.
Cooking time/options These burgers need to cook on low-med indirect heat on the grill, the bacon will take a while to cook. Although I have not tried these in an air fryer I think they could work in one. Pan-frying the burgers would not work because of the filling and bacon wrapped around them.
Store any leftover burgers in the fridge, they will be ok for a couple of days. These burgers will freeze well, to re-heat, let dethaw and then you can heat up in the air fryer, oven or even pop back on the grill.
Buffalo chicken stuffed bacon wrapped beef burgers
- 24 oz extra lean ground beef
- Pinch of cajun seasoning
- Dash of salt & pepper
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoon franks hot sauce
- 3 oz softened light cream cheese
- 2 oz cooked shredded or diced chicken
- 2 tablespoon light ranch dressing
- ¼ cup light shredded cheese
- 4 slices low point bacon I used Oscar Mayer center cut
- Heat up grill on low-med.
- In a bowl mix your lean ground beef, cajun, salt & pepper, bread crumbs and 2 tablespoon franks hot sauce (keep other 3T aside)
- Divide meat mixture into 4 equal rounds, using either a pop can, beer can or even a glass, push down on balls of meat to make indents in the middle.
- Wrap each burger with a slice of bacon.
- In a small bowl mix your cream cheese, ranch, 3T franks hot sauce, chicken and shredded cheese.
- Scoop mixture into your 4 burgers
- Cook on grill, they need to cook on low indirect heat, so don't keep opening the lid, you want them cooking all around and not burning the bottom.. Grill for at least one hour, you can check on them after 30 minutes, if need be turn heat up slightly.
- Makes 4 burgers at 8 freestyle smart points each..