I love simple recipes and that is exactly what these new tasty little cajun chicken bites are! Chicken is my go-to dish, 9 times out of 10 I make chicken for dinner, it’s just what we all prefer at my house, we also all love a little spice. These chicken bites go great served with a salad, you can add them to a wrap and build your own sandwich, or get creative and add them to a build your own pizza for pizza night. They are great to have in the fridge for building meals throughout the week and easy grab-and-go lunches for work. The recipe makes 4 servings at 184 calories and 1 point per serving on WW.
Tips and suggestions…
You can easily double this recipe if you want to have extra chicken in the fridge for easy meal prep throughout the week, the chicken will be good in the fridge in an air-tight container for 3-4 days.
If you like lots of spice feel free to add in extra cajun, cayenne, or chili powder. We all have different spice levels so you can always go lighter or heavier to suit you.
These will cook great in the air fryer as well and you can eliminate the olive oil which will save on points if you are following WW.
Cajun chicken bites
- 1 lb (16oz) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1.5 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- Cut up the chicken breast into small bite-size pieces.
- Mix all of the seasonings together in a small dish.
- Add the chicken pieces to a large ziplock bag, sprinkle in the seasoning mix, and shake well to coat all pieces.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat on the stove. Add the chicken pieces *note- you might need to do this in 2 steps, you don't want too much in the pan at once.
- Cook the chicken in the pan for 12-14 minutes turning often, serve immediately. Makes 4- 4oz servings.
Looking for some more easy chicken recipes?