With fall slowly creeping up on us you might be thinking about some simple dinner recipes that will help with the busy schedules that come with that time of year. This chicken and stuffing casserole is so easy to make, with simple ingredients it’s a meal the whole family can enjoy. Makes 6 servings, 4-6 personal points range, 4SP on both blue and purple programs, 6SP on the green program.
You can use any frozen vegetable you like in this dish, use a pack that you know everyone in the family will enjoy. As you can see in the pictures I used a mix of carrots, corn, peas, and beans, this worked well with the overall recipe.
I used boneless skinless chicken breast that I cooked in the oven then cut into cubes. If you are short on time you can use a rotisserie chicken, and shredded chicken will also work well.
1 package of stove top will provide enough topping while still keeping the points low. If you are not worried about the extra points and want more stuffing on top feel free to use 2 packages. You can also change this recipe up a little bit and instead of using stove top you can top the casserole with biscuits, you can bake them with the dish (I’d suggest 375F 20-25 minutes) If you have a recipe for stuffing that you prefer then you can also use that as your topping, you’d need to build the recipe in the WW app for correct points.
Freezing & re-heating
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days, this dish will freeze well. You can also prepare this dish the night before, refrigerate and bake the next day.
To re-heat you can use the oven or microwave.
Chicken & stuffing casserole
- 3 cups cooked boneless chicken breast, cubed *approximately 3-4 breast
- 1 box chicken stove top
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, 284ml
- 1/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk *I used 1%
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Make the stove top using the instructions on the package
- Preheat oven to 400F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some non-stick spray
- Place the cooked chicken on the bottom of the dish, top with the veggies.
- Mix together the soup, sour cream and milk. Spoon over the chicken and vegetables.
- Top with the prepared stove top, cover with foil then bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings, each serving is 1 heaping cup.