Chicken is pretty popular at my house, we don’t eat much red meat and only my husband likes seafood so it’s usually on the menu 3-4 times weekly. I am always looking for simple ways to serve it up and I have been making this sweet & spicy chicken for a while and to be honest, I’m not sure why I never added it to the blog. I threw the spices together on a whim one day, I’ve used both honey and sugar-free syrup but the syrup will be fewer points for WW. You can have this ready to go in the oven in 5 minutes, serve it with a salad or some potatoes or use it in a wrap. 1SP on both blue & purple, 4SP on green *based on a 5oz cooked breast.
Sweet & spicy baked chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast *mine weighed 7-8oz raw
- 1 Tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1.5 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp grlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F, line a cookie baking sheet with some foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Pound out the chicken so it is an even thickness, this will help with overall cooking and keeping it juicy.
- Mix sugar and all seasonings together. Brush the chicken breast with the sugar free syrup, make sure you brush both sides.
- Apply the rub to the chicken covering both sides.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes then let cool for 5 minutes, you don't need to turn the chicken over.